Saturday, June 23, 2007

Ahh, the weekend.


Well, plans for Delft were thwarted by the rain. It cleared up enough to go out in the afternoon, though, so I explored the city some more.

After going to the Escher in Het Palais Museum today, (museum dedicated to MC Escher - amazing!) I came across this sculpture garden right across the street. It's an annual event that happens, this year dedicated to sculptors from "down under" - an Australian sculpture festival. Giant squid climbing a tree! I thought of you when I saw the scooter sculpture, Dad. And who doesn't love a melting Darth Vader?

There was also a street fair going on with loud music and bustling people walking around. It's all very disorienting because I don't speak Dutch...I feel like they can tell, too, even without me saying anything, just from my constantly dazed and confused look.

In any case, it was a good day. As long as the weather holds out, tomorrow is ParkPop, which I think I may have convinced my roommate, Isabel, to go to with me.

No comments: