Thursday, August 30, 2007

The End. Or the Beginning?

Well, this is it: My last day at work was Wednesday, I've been frantically trying to cram in last minute things before I go, I packed up my room today, and tomorrow I'm on a 9am train to Paris.

I cannot believe how fast this summer went. I'm so sad to be leaving, it feels like I've been here a much shorter time, though three months is pretty short regardless. I (of course!) am thrilled to be seeing my family and friends back home again so soon, and so SO excited for my pan-Iberian trip, but in general, this goodbye has been bittersweet. I've made some really great friends here, and who knows when I'll be back? Well, it doesn't matter. Kim keeps reminding me - nothing can change the incredible experience I've had here, and if/when I do come back it probably won't be the same anyway, so just take it as the great experience it was, and keep in touch with those you like. What more can you ask for?

My trip plans are as follows: Paris (2 days), Barcelona (2 days), Granada/Sevilla (3 days), Lisboa (3 days), Madrid (3 days), Dublin (<1 day), New York (2 days), Chicago. CRAZY. If I don't get to it all, things might have to be cut or reoriented...but we'll see as I go. Greatest thing about traveling on my own - (at least so far, since really I've been pre-traveling alone, at this point) I go where and when I want! It's not selfish, I don't think, just easier.

Anyway I've got to go to bed so I can get up early, pack up the last remnants and decide whether I can handle my luggage on a bus or if I should call a cab to go to the train station. Hm. I might not have consistant access to the internet, so I will probably not be blogging for a couple of weeks, but no worries! I will be safe and send postcards and buy lots of wine to bring home. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.