Sunday, July 1, 2007

Pictures! Weekend Two.

My office building! Modern architecture, designed to look like a woman's torso if you look at the gold meshing from the right angle...ES is on the top two floors, as well as the roof deck, where we eat lunch when it's sunny (hasn't happened yet...it's not usually sunny).






The central Markt in Delft, with the Stadhuis in the background. There was the Wereld Culturen Festival (world culture festival) the day I went, which (sort of) explains the open market.





Typical, adorable canal in Delft. These line the streets and make it the quaint, beautiful city that Vermeer painted about.



Klezmer in Holland! This band is called L'Chaim, and was performing at the festival. They were great!








The Haagsweg or Delftweg (way to Haag when you are in Delft, and the way to Delft when you are in Den Haag) with a canal on one side and a farm on the other.

1 comment:

Chelsea's Dad said...

Aha! You're turning into the Dutch version of Currier and Ives... love the pix...
Good news - I start my new job on Monday; bad news - I'm now commuting to New Jersey. Yecch.

Wonderful weekend in Montauk, we all missed you. Jessica had to work so she bailed out on us at the last moment. I was able to scalp her ticket to the Dave Mason concert at Stephen Talkhouse to some enthusiastic fan(atic) weirdo who had cash and no ticket, so that worked out, but I would much rather have had Jessica there. Matt and Ann, and Haylee and Gregg were all there, celebrating Haylee's birthday. The concert was awesome - I got my hearing back this morning.

Big news - Jill is pregnant again! Mo is now a year and a half old, so they must have figured it was time to get insane again. He is such a cute and well behaved baby. Jill is continuously nauseous and can't eat much.

Got to try to get some sleep tonight as the commute starts at 6 AM tomorrow.

You sound wonderful and I love seeing the pix and the stories. Keep up the good work!

Love,
Dad